Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Lazy Sunday

Sunday afternoon, my friend Anna and I made a play date with kids from our families. We took them to a restaurant on the coast, Chez Fatou, that has tide pools for kids to play in next to the ocean. It's right next to a famous surfing beach, and Sunday it was packed with surfers as well. I brought the three youngest kids in my family and she brought the two youngest in hers. They quickly became friends and started wandering around. It was really nice to just sit, relax, and talk to Anna while the kids ran around below. They splashed around, built sand castles, through a Frisbee around, swam a bit, searched through the rocks for sea creatures, and such. They borrowed our cameras and took tons of pictures. Moctar came and sat with us for awhile watching all the surfers. He couldn't keep his eyes off of them. The waves were pretty incredible and some of the surfers were incredible as well. We stayed there long enough to watch the sunset over the ocean… which was the first time I have done that here. It was absolutely gorgeous. When we got home Mohammed kept saying "La plage etait trop belle" over and over… which means "the beach was too beautiful." He really liked it and now the kids want to hang out again, so Anna and I are trying to decide what our next trip will be.


Well, the government made concessions to all the street vendors and beggars so many of them are back out. The government says it will build a new market and allow the vendors on certain streets at certain times. In the meantime, the shoe tree is being rebuilt outside my house, so I'm happy!

No comments: