March 2, 2008
I spent my last weekend spending time with my friends in preparation to leave. Friday night I went out dancing with the girls and we ran into many people that I've met and known during my time here in Dakar. It was wonderful to be able to spend time with everyone again.
Saturday, I started packing. Something that I always hate doing and something I usually leave until the last minute. Although I didn't get much done, I did get all my stuff put in one place and began organizing what was going home with me and what was staying.
Saturday night, some of my friends threw me a goodbye party. So, we all got together and cooked, one of my friends spun the music, and we all had a really good time. It was an eclectic mix of people I had been friends with since arriving to a South African (who is taking 4 months to backpack alone through West Africa) I met last week in the sept-place on my way back to Dakar from Kaolack. And afterwards, we all went to a soirée at the océanarium where I was able to hang out with most people for one last time.
Sunday, today, I almost finished packing. Afterwards, I went to the beach for one last time with two of my best American friends in Dakar. The temperature was about 100 degrees again, so it was the perfect place to be. Afterwards, we went to get dinner at a restaurant where we could watch the sunset over the ocean. I will be spending the rest of tonight speaking French with my friends as that will be one thing that I will miss immensely when I return to the States.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment