My work last week was quite a bit frustrating. By Wednesday I had finished all that there was for me to do until my boss returned. So after another evening at the party for the man who returned from Mecca, I took a sept-place Thursday morning and returned to Dakar. I spent the afternoon at the Baobab Center, where I used to study French, catching up with friends I hadn't seen since before Tabaski and my old professors. I found out that a new group of study-abroad students will be spending some time in Kaolack, so the guy in charge of the Baobab Center wants me to show them around a bit… that will be nice and give me something else to do in a couple weeks.
I spent much of the weekend visiting with friends, as well as my old host family. However, Friday during the day I spent the whole day working on things for the Rotary project. Although my Cultural Ambassadorship is technically over, I'm still trying to help them raise $15,000 US to finish phase one of the maternity clinic. If anyone reading this is interested in donating, or knows someone who would be, please feel free to email me: Shannon.T.Orourke@gmail.com
I also spent the weekend, and much of Sunday, fretting over my graduate school applications which were due Wednesday of this week. My applications were completed and paid for before, but the schools were still waiting on IWU to send in my transcript as well as a professor who had yet to turn in one of my recommendation forms. I'm hoping everything got in, and now I will simply wait for responses… This also delayed my return to Kaolack until Monday so that I could make some phone calls to people in the States on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment